Follow me on Twitter

Follow jimmymac117 on Twitter

Who's ready for grill season?

Help me out with new ideas!!! Click here to take a quick survey.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pappy's is as good as advertised

I've been doing a lot of research about BBQ lately. More specifically BBQ in St. Louis. Most of the time, a search for BBQ in St. Louis results in Pappy's Smokehouse at the top of the list. I decided to head down and try it out with some good friends. The BBQ experience begins at Pappy's as soon as you step out of your car. You are surrounded by the smell of some of the sweetest BBQ around. The place itself is pretty cool, with lots of pictures hanging from the walls. They also have a couple of Grand Champion trophies from the Memphis in May BBQ event. I had a pulled pork sandwich, that was pretty good. It was made even better by the Sweet Baby Jane BBQ Sauce. I had my sandwich with a side of coleslaw(vinegar based), and sweet potato fries coated in a sweet seasoning that had to involve brown sugar and cinnamon. When I was done with the sandwich, I was absolutely stuffed. In the 30 or so minutes we were there, the owner stopped by our table twice. He told us a bit about the place, and some of the history. The only downer of the night was that we arrived around 7 P.M. and they were out of most of their menu options. No worries though, just an excuse to go back, but earlier.
















No comments:

Post a Comment