Follow me on Twitter

Follow jimmymac117 on Twitter

Who's ready for grill season?

Help me out with new ideas!!! Click here to take a quick survey.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Would I ever dry rub a hot dog?

No way. Although I might inject it with some of my favorite BBQ sauce or melted cheese. I would save the dry rub for the bratwurst. Coat the bratwurst with a sweet brown sugar rub and then wrap it with bacon. I think I might have that for dinner tomorrow night. That's the cool thing about BBQ, you can do whatever you want with it. Make it your own and try different things.

2 comments:

  1. Last night, I smoked a rack of ribs, and they came out too dry. I put them back on a low heat covered in sauce to try to juice them up a little. After this didn't work, I decided to try some apple juice injected, but I didn't have any apple juice on hand. So, I got in my car to drive up to Walmart real quick, but the car didn't start right away, and by the time I finally got it started and got to Walmart and back, the ribs were pretty much ruined.

    So, my question is: Should I have the dealer look at my cars starting problem, or do you think I could fix that myself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment edhky. Next time, be very careful to not cook the ribs at too high of a temperature. I would not recommend that you continue cooking the ribs after you realize that they were over cooked. Instead, cook the ribs for about half way, and then begin basting the ribs. Check out my blog tomorrow for a good Jack Daniels mop recipe.

    As far as the car not starting, check out this blog.
    http://blog.batteryweb.com/

    ReplyDelete