Follow me on Twitter

Follow jimmymac117 on Twitter

Who's ready for grill season?

Help me out with new ideas!!! Click here to take a quick survey.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Apple BBQ Sauce

This is a recipe that I saw on Food TV on a show called Chuck's Day Off. It works really well with pork shoulder with a spicy rub. I am going to be using this sauce this weekend when I smoke the first pork butt of the year. I am also going to use a spicy brown sugar rub made with ancho and chipotle chilis. I'll be talking more about the preparation of the shoulder tomorrow.

Apple Barbecue Sauce


1 cup apple sauce (250 ml)
1 cup ketchup (250 ml)
1/2 cup honey (125 ml)
1/4 cup molasses (60 ml)
1/4 cup soy sauce (60 ml)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (15 ml)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 chipotle pepper, in Adobo sauce, chopped
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment